Organising and running a convention is an enormous amount of hard work. This includes many skills that are transferable to the workplace including: project planning, budgeting and human resources.
Some of the tasks I undertake to run TitanCon:
- Website design and updates
- Online ticket sales
- Database entry and maintenance
- Email confirmations
- Email - so, so much email!
- Booking guests
- Making guest travel arrangements
- Hotel bookings
- Planning the convention schedule
- All print design work including name badges, flyers, information sheets, programmmes, schedules, signs, labels, attendance lists, etc.
- Organise t-shirt design liaising with artist and print company
- Dealer table sales and assigning table layout
- Determine and assign volunteer roles
- Chair meetings
- Present opening and closing ceremonies on stage including guest introductions
- Organise a coach tour for 100 people including catering arrangements
- Make sure everything runs smoothly on the day...